Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Is that a microphone in your pocket?

Arms length reach while rocking back and forth, voice cracking, acne, and maybe even your first kiss. If there was ever a school sponsored event that forced you into that brick wall known as puberty more than any other, it was the jr. high dance.  My dad used to call them "The Hormone Pit" and that's probably the greatest description ever.  To bring back some of those great mental images some of us may have buried into the back of our memory banks, never wanting to think about every again, here are the top 11 slow songs of the late 1990's (because I couldn't pick only 10!) to take us back. With video evidence of course.



Another artist I couldn't tell you the first thing about but click the link and the memories of metal in your mouth and Old Navy performance fleece will hit you like yuppies converging on a new Apple product.


Spice Girls - 2 Become 1
Who could argue with a girl band that wore giant platform heel boots and inspired legions of cross dressers:

Backstreet Boys - I'll Never Break Your Heart
Just watch the music video, it screams jr. high...and America.  Look at those sweaters!

K-Ci and JoJo - All My Life
Good luck watching this video without remembering that cutie who sat behind you in Social Studies and wore a tube top to the Spring Fling dance.

Enrique Iglesias - Hero
A man that snags a girl like this must have made a hit 7th grade make out song.  He sure did.


My personal favorite and from a band from over the pond that features a few babes and even a dude who kinda looks like a babe.  I always sought out that true special lady to share a dance when I heard the d.j. drop this jam.




All 4 One - I Swear
A band that I couldn't tell you a single thing about.  Though I do know enough words to this song that I could karaoke well enough to not get booed off stage, which for me is terribly difficult.

Tony Braxton - Unbreak My Heart
The video has some major eye candy for the guys and the ladies, take a look and try to tell me you don't agree.  Just try!


Who can deny the power of these puckers!




Brian McKnight - Back at One
This one hits me right where it counts...the heart.

With a title that long, you know the song will go on forever and give you an extra minute or two to muster up that courage to plant one on that lucky partner of yours.  Though it's a little strange making out to a song that was supposedly inspired by Justin, Joey, Lance, JC, and Chris's moms.

Disagree with me? Have a song that I forgot? Hit me up in the comments section below and maybe I'll show you some love back.

~ Percy T

2 comments:

  1. Check out the Weezer version against the original video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9nOoTOHho4. Trippy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden...you got something against Aussies?

    ReplyDelete